Why would I want to re-validate
& optimize my platform business model?
The reality is that it’s very easy to build a platform, but extremely hard to scale it; so there could be many reasons to get a 2nd opinion, like :
- Maintaining my head start & avoid competitors catching up
- Increasing the durability & profitability of my platform
- To increasing usage recurrence & revenue
- Accelerating network effects & growth
- Reducing the risk of unnecessary costs & time waste
- Identifying or validating my control points in order to increase defensibility & monetization
- Identifying top risks or pivot opportunities
- Validating my business model & monetization strategy
- Testing other business models & monetization options
- Strengthening my governance & trust strategy
- Building my partner strategy
- Optimising my model before fund-raising
- Assessing my platform company market value
“Easy to start-up,
difficult to scale-up”.
“Barriers to start up platform businesses are very low,
while barriers to scale up are high”.
(Digital platform innovation in European SMEs, European Commission JRC technical report 2019)
Based on our experience from >150 platform projects, the analysis of a further 200 successful platforms across the globe, and academic collaboration work, we have developed a customised analysis tool to assess platform business models in a structured manner, and to make concrete improvement recommendations for operationalization.
Entrepreneurial platform re-validation : how does it work?
We conduct both background analysis, as well as work in co-creation with your teams through workshops.
Then we structure the re-validation of your business model around 4 different – yet complementary – ways to look at success for a platform :
After revising the existing platform business model from the 4 different perspectives, we identify the top risks & areas of improvement, we optimise the areas of improvement, and then we adjust or create the platform business model documentation (pitch deck) based on the optimised components.
A second opinion reduces the risk for unnecessary costs & increases the speed of scaling the platform
Your other options
I want to build my own platform
I want to co-create my platform